Peppermint Dark Chocolate Bark
- 1 pound bittersweet chocolate, not unsweetened, chopped
- 6 ounces peppermint candy
1. Melt half of chocolate in metal bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring constantly, until just melted. Remove pan from heat and fold in remaining chocolate until just melted. Remove bowl from pan and let stand until cooled to room temperature but still spreadable.
2. Place candies in center of a towel and gather up sides to make a pouch. Turn towel so that gathered end is to one side. Crush candy slightly with a hammer. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until chopped. Transfer chopped candy to a wire-mesh colander or sieve set over a bowl. Shake colander to remove bits of candy from chopped ones. Fold chopped candy into cooled chocolate and discard bits.
3. Line a sheet pan with foil and spread peppermint chocolate onto foil evenly. Chill peppermint chocolate until firm and break into pieces. Stack pieces on a serving plate. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!