- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (optional)
- 5 cups purchased pasta sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded pecorino cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 12 ounce package no-boil lasagne noodles (12 noodles)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups leftover crumbled meat loaf
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots, fennel, garlic and fennel seeds and cook until onions and carrots are slightly browned, 8 minutes. Stir in pasta sauce and red pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 14 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine cheeses in a bowl; stir in basil.
3. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Lightly grease a 3-quart baking dish. Line bottom of dish with a single layer of lasagne noodles. Spread with 1/3 of sauce. Cover with 1/3 of the crumbled meat loaf, then top with 1/3 of the cheese and basil mixture. Repeat layering 2 more times, alternating direction of noodles each time. Cover with foil and bake, 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake 5 minutes more or until lasagne is cooked through and top is bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)15,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet