Yield: 32 flats Prep 20 mins Bake 400°F 9 mins
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F to 120 degrees F)
- 2 cups coarsely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
1. Combine 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, yeast, and salt in bowl. Add warm water and stir vigorously until dough pulls away from side of the bowl.
2. Heat oven to 400 degree F. Knead dough until smooth and elastic, adding just enough of the remaining all-purpose flour to keep dough from sticking. Divide into 4 pieces.
3. Grease 2 large cookie sheets. Roll one piece of dough to a 22x9-inch rectangle. Cut rectangle into eight 2-1/2x9-inch strips. Arrange strips on sheets, sprinkle strips evenly with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, pinch red pepper, and 1 teaspoon sesame seeds.
4. Bake 9 to 11 minutes, until flats are golden brown (with some darker brown spots). Cool on wire rack. Repeat process with remaining dough, cheese and seasonings. Makes 32 flats.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare as directed above. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Fat, total(g)2,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet