Sauteed Greens and Ricotta Sandwich
Yield: 4 paninis Prep 15 mins Start to Finish 20 mins
- 8 slices whole-grain sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 cups red or green Swiss chard, coarsely chopped (10 oz. bunch)
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1. Brush bread with 1 tbsp olive oil; toast in oven or toaster. Meanwhile, stir together ricotta, Parmesan and chili flakes, and season with salt and pepper. Divide ricotta mixture between 4 pieces of toast.
2. In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, toss together 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic and greens; season lightly with salt. Toss occasionally until just starting to wilt, about 3 min. Add currants, vinegar and 2 tbsp water and cook until liquid is absorbed and greens are tender, about 5 min.
3. Top ricotta toasts with greens and the other pieces of toast; serve hot. Makes 4 paninis.
- Fat, total(g)14,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!