Broiled Provencal Chicken Thighs with Couscous Salad
Kalamata olives and flat leaf parsley in the couscous make it a winning side dish for the seasoned chicken in this main-dish recipe.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for pan
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) lemon slices, plus 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 2 pounds chicken thighs (about 8), with skin or without
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1 10 ounce box plain couscous
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
1. Preheat broiler and lightly oil a shallow baking pan. Arrange lemon slices in pan, placing 2 inches apart. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Evenly sprinkle all sides with herbes de Provence; season with salt and pepper. Place each chicken thigh, skin side down, on a lemon slice and broil 4 inches from heat, turning once, until cooked through, about 17 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring 1-3/4 cups water and 1 tablespoon oil to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add couscous in a slow stream, stirring until combined. Immediately cover pan and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Using a fork, stir in zest, parsley, celery, olives, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil; salt and pepper to taste.
3. Arrange chicken with lemon slices on one side of serving plates and couscous on the other. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)15,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet