Chicken and Ham Gumbo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 pound smoked ham, diced
- 1 cup frozen sliced okra (half a 10-oz. package)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in large sauce pot over high heat. Using scissors, cut bite-size pieces of chicken into pot; add ham and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until browned.
2. Meanwhile, microwave okra according to package directions.
3. Add onions and bell pepper to pot; cook 2 minutes or until vegetables soften. Add water, tomatoes and green chilies and okra. Cover; bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and cook 6 to 8 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in cilantro. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet