Chicken and Olives
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric or curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted manzilla olives (not stuffed)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 10 ounce box couscous, cooked according to package directions
1. Combine paprika, turmeric, and salt in a cup. Sprinkle evenly over the chicken.
2. Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook 4 minutes, turning once as it browns. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add the oil, onion, and garlic to same skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, 4 to 5 minutes until onions is translucent and lightly browned. Add the broth, tomatoes, olives, and chicken along with any accumulated juices to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer 4 to 6 minutes just until chicken is cooked through. Serve over couscous. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)17,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!