Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds pineapple, peeled, cord and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 20 8 inches bamboo skewers soaked in water 30 min
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Shredded Carrot Salad, optional
- Smashed Cheesy Potatoes, optional
1. For marinade, in a medium bowl, combine vinegar, oil, garlic, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon and the chili powder. Cut chicken lengthwise into twelve 1/2- to 1-inch-thick strips. In an airtight container, toss together chicken and marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, stir together barbecue sauce and remaining 1/2 tsp. cinnamon; set aside.
3. Heat grill (or grill pan) to medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade). Separately thread chicken and pineapple on drained skewers. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and pineapple is grill-marked, about 8 minutes for chicken and 4 minutes for pineapple. Serve with cinnamon-barbecue sauce, salad and potatoes. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (3 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup 2 percent milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water by 2 inches and add 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer until potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to pan. Add cheese, milk, butter and remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Using a potato masher, smash together until combined but slightly chunky. Serve immediately or cover to keep warm up to 15 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound carrots, peeled, trimmed and shredded
- 1/2 tart green apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. For dressing, in a medium bowl, whisk together juice, honey and salt. Drizzle in oil, whisking constantly, until combined well; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine carrot, apple and parsley. Toss with dressing and serve. (Can be made ahead. Cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours.) Makes 4 servings.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!