Chicken Caesar Salad
- 3/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 8 1/2inches baguette slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (7 to 8 oz. each)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut up
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 300 degree F. In a medium bowl whisk together 1/2 cup olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Set aside so flavors have a chance to meld.
2. Butter both sides of baguette slices, then cut into cubes. Place on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with pepper, to taste. Bake until croutons are crisp, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring once. Cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, slice chicken breasts in half horizontally. Combine with soy sauce in a pie plate, coating both sides. In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining olive oil. (Discard soy sauce.) Saute chicken over high heat 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board. Once cool, cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
4. Whisk the chopped egg into the reserved oil-garlic mixture. Toss with lettuce, croutons, chicken, Parmesan cheese, and pepper to taste. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)62,
- sat. fat(g)16,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!