Chicken Carrot Salad Sandwiches
This veggie-filled chicken salad is coated with a dressing of yogurt, peanut butter, lime juice, ginger, and coconut. Serve it on whole grain bread for a healthy, low-fat lunch.
- 1/4 pound haricots verts (French green beans) or fresh thin green beans, trimmed
- 10 ounces purchased precooked sliced boneless chicken breast
- 4 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat natural-style peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/4 seedless cucumber, sliced
- 12 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil; add salt. Add beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water, tossing, until cool. Pat beans dry and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Coarsely chop chicken and add to bowl with beans. Add carrots, ginger, coconut, peanut butter, yogurt, juice, and soy sauce. Stir until combined well; salt and pepper to taste.
3. Arrange chicken salad, lettuce, and cucumber between bread slices. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet