Chicken Fajita Salad
- 4 12 inches tortillas
- 4 5 - 6 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound iceberg lettuce, cut into 1-inch-thick slices (8 packed cups)
- 6 ounces romaine lettuce, cut into 1-inch-thick slices (4 packed cups)
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced red cabbage
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 cups diced tomato
1. Heat oven to 375 degree F. Grease 2 Tortilla/Taco Shell molds or medium ovenproof bowls. Press one tortilla into each pan, making sure the tortilla follows the shape of the pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden. Let cool in pans 5 minutes. Carefully remove tortilla shells and cool on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining 2 tortillas.
2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with Cajun seasoning. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 7 minutes per side, until cooked through. Slice chicken.
3. Toss the lettuces, carrots and cabbage in a large bowl. Toss cheeses together in another bowl. Fill each tortilla shell with 3 cups packed lettuce mixture, top with 2 tablespoons dressing, 1/4 cup cheese, 1/2 cup tomatoes and some chicken. Pass remaining dressing. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)39,
- sat. fat(g)10,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet