Chicken in Paper
- 4 (1-3/4 lbs total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place each chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound to an even 1/2-inch thickness. Prepare four 20-by-30-inch pieces of parchment (see instructions, above right); place chicken on one side of each paper.
2. In a bowl combine parsley, garlic, zest, salt and red-pepper flakes. Divide mixture among chicken breasts, covering the surface of each piece. Sprinkle with raisins and nuts.
3. Fold parchment over chicken breasts and pleat in 1-inch increments, folding edges over tightly to seal packet. Place packets on a baking sheet; bake until packets are puffed and chicken is cooked through, 15 min.
4. Carefully transfer packets to plates, cut the paper across the top and tear to open.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!