Chicken Liver Crostini
Yield: 24 appetizers Prep 20 mins Bake 400°F 5 mins
- 2 narrow loaves Italian or French bread, sliced into 12 slices each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound chicken livers, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Arrange the sliced bread on 2 cookie sheets and bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once.
2. Heat oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add chicken livers. Sprinkle with sage, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until livers are browned. Transfer to a medium bowl. Melt the butter in the skillet. Add onion and cook about 3 minutes or until tender. Return livers to skillet with brandy, then cook over high heat until brandy is evaporated. Remove from heat and mash with a spoon until blended. Spread 1 tablespoon liver mixture on each toast slice and sprinkle with parsley. Makes 24 appetizers.
- Fat, total(g)2,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!