Chicken-Vegetable Kebabs with Rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound mushrooms (large ones halved)
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice, then add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk remaining olive oil, parsley, vinegar, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add chicken, mushrooms, and tomatoes and toss until well coated. Thread alternating pieces of chicken, mushrooms, and tomatoes on skewers.
3. Heat broiler. Lightly oil a rack and place on a broiler pan. Arrange skewers on rack and broil 6 inches from heat source, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn skewers and continue to broil 5 minutes more, until chicken is cooked through. Serve skewers over rice.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)14,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!