Chicken with Lime-Chili Sauce
Yield: 30 appetizers Prep 30 mins Start to Finish 1 hr 15 mins
- 1 1/2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 scallions, white and green parts chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro, plus whole leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peanuts
- 2 dried red chilies, chopped or 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes and place in a bowl. Combine scallions, oil, lime juice, honey, fish sauce and garlic in a blender until nearly smooth. Pour over chicken, cover and chill for 30 min or up to 3 hr.
2. For the dipping sauce, cook vinegar and sugar over medium-high heat in a small saucepan. Simmer until reduced slightly, about 4 min. Cool, then add cilantro, peanuts and red chilies.
3. Cook chicken on a grill pan or in a large skillet over medium-high heat until golden and cooked through, about 6 min. Thread one or two pieces of chicken onto hors d'oeuvre skewers with a cilantro leaf and serve with dipping sauce. Makes 30 appetizers.
- Fat, total(g)2,
- sat. fat(g)0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet