Chicken With Mustard-Tarragon Sauce
Add tarragon at the last minute to gently infuse the sauce in this Chicken With Mustard-Tarragon Sauce. If fresh tarragon is not available, chop together 2 teaspoons fresh parsley and 1 teaspoon dried tarragon.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
1. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Pound to about 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
2. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking to remove excess. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken in 2 batches and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
3. Add wine and broth to skillet; simmer until boiled down to 1/4 cup. Stir in cream, custard, and remaining salt and pepper and cook 1 minute more. Stir in tarragon. Pour sauce over chicken. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet