Chicken With Mustard-Tarragon Sauce
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
1. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Pound to about 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
2. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking to remove excess. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken in 2 batches and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
3. Add wine and broth to skillet; simmer until boiled down to 1/4 cup. Stir in cream, custard, and remaining salt and pepper and cook 1 minute more. Stir in tarragon. Pour sauce over chicken. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!