Chinese Chicken Salad
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup peeled fresh ginger slices plus 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped scallion
- 1 1 1/2pound napa cabbage, trimmed, leaves separated and stacked, halved crosswise and cut lengthwise into thin slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1. Rinse and pat chicken dry.
2. Bring 4 cups water, 1/4 cup vinegar, the ginger slices, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce to boil in a large saucepan. Add chicken and simmer 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and let stand, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain chicken and discard ginger slices. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and cut diagonally crosswise into thin slices.
3. Whisk remaining 1/4 cup vinegar, 1 tablespoon grated ginger, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, the sesame oil, vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons water, and the scallion together in a large bowl; salt and pepper to taste. Stir in cabbage, bell pepper, carrot, three-quarters of the chicken slices, and 1 tablespoon sesame seeds until well combined. Mound salad on serving plates, top with remaining chicken slices and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)15,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!