Crispy Chicken Tenders
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Combine buttermilk and red pepper sauce in bowl. Add chicken; let stand 10 minutes.
2. Combine flour, remaining salt, pepper, paprika, and cinnamon in large resealable plastic storage bag.
3. Remove chicken from buttermilk, letting excess drip off. Add half the chicken to flour mixture; shake to coat. Transfer chicken to sheet of waxed paper. Repeat.
4. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until oil is very hot, 3 to 5 minutes. Cook chicken in batches until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a cookie sheet and keep warm in oven. Repeat.
5. Serve chicken with red pepper sauce or ketchup. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)13,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!