Foolproof Chicken Cutlets
- 4 4 - 5 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs (3 slices)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (no substitutions)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon wedges and coleslaw, optional
1. Place chicken breasts smooth side down on a large sheet of plastic wrap. Cover with a second sheet of plastic wrap and pound gently with bottom of a small saucepan to 1/2-inch thickness. Remove plastic and sprinkle both sides with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
2. Combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, rosemary and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt on a piece of waxed paper. Beat whole egg and egg white in a pie plate. Dip both sides of each cutlet in egg, then in bread-crumb mixture, to lightly coat.
3. Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat for an electric stovetop (medium heat for gas), 1 minute. Add oil; when it starts to ripple, add cutlets and cook until golden brown on each side, about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer cutlets to 4 serving plates. Serve with lemon wedges and coleslaw, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)15,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!