Golden Chicken and Chickpea Couscous
- 1/2 cup whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each cut diagonally crosswise into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus additional for pan
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 15 1/2ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 pound zucchini, quartered lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- Salted peanuts, chopped
1. Whisk yogurt, juice, 1/2 tablespoon garlic, the curry, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and the ginger together in a bowl. Place in a large resealable plastic bag with chicken and seal, turning until chicken is coated. Marinate chicken, chilled, at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degree F and lightly oil a shallow ovenproof 4-quart pan with lid.
3. Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan over moderate heat; add onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon garlic and 1/2 teaspoon cumin; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in broth, 1/2 cup water, and the cinnamon stick; bring to boil. Stir in couscous, then immediately remove pan from heat and cover. Let stand for 5 minutes; uncover and stir in raisins and cilantro.
4. Toss couscous mixture with chickpeas and zucchini in prepared pan. Pour 1/2 cup water over top. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and place in a single layer over couscous. Season chicken with salt and pepper; bake, covered, in middle of oven until chicken is cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle with nuts and serve with lime wedges on the side. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet