Green Chili Chicken Taco Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 4 ounce can chopped green chiles, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 1 cups (1 lb) chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium high and add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until onions are soft and translucent, about 6 min.
2. Stir in chiles and flour. Add chicken, broth, lime juice, cumin, salt and chili powder; stir well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 6 min. Serve or store, refrigerated, up to 2 days. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)13,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!