Honey-Rosemary Chicken with Yukon Gold Potatoes
Take 20 minutes in the morning to prep the chicken and potatoes, then put everything in the slow cooker and leave it until dinner.
- 12 skinless bone-in chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderately high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning, until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes.
2. Place the potatoes, onion and garlic in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker; top with chicken.
3. Stir together honey, juice, cornstarch, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook, 6 to 8 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high. Serve garnished with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)14,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet