Italian Chicken Salad
- 1 can (19 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bag (16 to 20 ounces) spring salad mix (16 cups)
- 1 1 1/2 - 2 pound rotisserie whole cooked chicken, sliced
- 6 ounces sliced prosciutto or capicola ham
- Toasted French bread slices
1. For the Tuscan Bean spread, combine beans, 1 tablespoon olive oil, basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in food processor and process until smooth.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl; add salad greens and toss to coat.
3. Divide greens among 4 dinner plates. Arrange chicken and prosciutto over greens. Serve with Tuscan Bean Spread and french bread slices. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)21,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!