With ham, sausage, chicken, shrimp, and rice, this casserole makes a complete meal--no side dish needed.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound cooked ham, cubed
- 1/2 pound kielbasa, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 - 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 4 min; transfer to a plate. Add ham and sausage; cook until lightly browned, about 3 min. Transfer to plate with chicken. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to Dutch oven. Add onion, celery and garlic; cook until just softened, about 4 min. Stir in rice, tomatoes, broth, bell pepper, Cajun seasoning, bay leaves and meats and bring to boil.
2. Cover and bake until liquid is absorbed and rice is nearly tender, about 35 min. Add shrimp, pushing into the mixture, then cover and bake, stirring once, until shrimp is opaque, 5 to 10 min. Discard bay leaves. Sprinkle with parsley and scallions. Serves 6.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)20,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet