Jean Andersons Oven-Fried Chicken
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 chicken (3-1/2-lbs.), cut into 10 pieces
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the garlic. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
2. In a large bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper. Dip each chicken piece, one at a time, into the melted garlic-butter. Transfer to the breadcrumb mixture and turn to coat on all sides. Arrange the chicken in one flat layer on a large cookie sheet. Drizzle any remaining butter over chicken and bake until lightly browned and just cooked through, 50 to 60 minutes. Makes 5 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 5
- Fat, total(g)49,
- sat. fat(g)23,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet