Mediterranean Chicken-and-Vegtable Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup lightly packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 5 cups torn assorted lettuces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 small zucchini (8 oz.), halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 16 - 19 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 12 ounces cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced crosswise
1. For dressing, puree olive oil, basil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth.
2. Pour half of the dressing over lettuces in bowl and toss; arrange on serving platter.
3. Add remaining ingredients and remaining dressing to bowl; toss. Spoon onto greens. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)13,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!