Mexican Chicken Minestrone
Need a healthy, low-fat dinner? Make this slightly spicy chicken soup. It cooks up in half an hour!
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 14 ounce cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup dried pipette or elbow macaroni
- 1 14 ounce can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, cut up
- Cilantro sprigs
1. In a bowl, toss chicken with chili powder. In a 4-quart pot or Dutch oven, cook garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 15 sec and add chicken. Cook, stirring, 3 min.
2. Add broth, 1-1/2 cups water, beans and corn. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 min or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Top each serving with cilantro. Serves 6.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)4,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet