Mushroom Chicken Cream Pasta
Make a simple mushroom cream sauce and mix with shredded chicken and peas for a restaurant-style meal that's ready in 25 minutes.
- 1 14 ounce package whole-wheat pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 recipe Quick-Roasted Chicken (chicken only), shredded
- 1 10 ounce box frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter with oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, reduce heat to medium and saute until softened and just starting to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Add cream and simmer over high heat until reduced slightly, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken, peas and cheese. Remove from heat; salt and pepper to taste. Toss with pasta and 2 tablespoons parsley. Transfer to a large serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley. Serve with additional cheese on the side.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)42,
- sat. fat(g)21,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- 3 1/2 pounds skinless, bone-in chicken breasts (4 to 6 breasts), fat trimmed
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F and place rack in center. Rinse chicken and pat dry. In a roasting pan, toss together chicken, tomatoes, onion and oil. Arrange chicken, bone side down, over tomatoes and onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until chicken is almost cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes.
2. Heat broiler and place rack 6 inches from heat. Broil until chicken is browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.