Pan-Seared Chicken Breasts with Olive Relish on Warm Lentil Salad
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted kalamata and green olives
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups dried French green lentils
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled plain soft goat cheese
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1. For olive relish, stir together olives, 1/2 cup celery, 1 tablespoon juice, the onion, 1-1/2 teaspoons thyme, and 1 teaspoon oil in a bowl; salt and pepper to taste.
2. Bring 6 cups water to boil with lentils in a large saucepan and simmer until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a bowl. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup celery, 2-1/2 tablespoons juice, 1-1/2 teaspoons thyme, the parsley, goat cheese, and 2 tablespoons olive oil; salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm, covered.
3. Rinse chicken and pat dry; season with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 17 minutes. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and serve over lentils. Top with olive relish. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)11,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!