- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound rigatoni or penne, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 1-1/2 minutes per side, until edges are light brown. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in cream. Cook until mixture is reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup of the Gorgonzola and the Parmesan. Simmer, stirring, 1 minute more, until cheeses melt. Stir in remaining salt and pepper.
3. Toss hot pasta with sauce and divide among 4 serving plates. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Gorgonzola and the parsley. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)34,
- sat. fat(g)19,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet