- 3 1/2 pounds skinless, bone-in chicken breasts (4 to 6 breasts), fat trimmed
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained (juice reserved for Mediterranean Chicken Stew, see recipe center)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F and place rack in center. Rinse chicken and pat dry. In a roasting pan, toss together chicken, tomatoes, onion and oil. Arrange chicken, bone side down, over tomatoes and onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until chicken is almost cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes.
2. Heat broiler and place rack 6 inches from heat. Broil until chicken is browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
3. For Mushroom Chicken Cream Pasta (see recipe center), use half of chicken only. For Mediterranean Chicken Stew (see recipe center), use remaining chicken with tomatoes, onion and tomato juice.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!