Rosemary Pesto Roast Chicken
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 4 - 5 pound chicken
- 3 lemons, quartered
DirectionsMake rosemary pesto::
1. Puree basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese olive oil, rosemary leaves, garlic, salt and pepper in blender until almost smooth. Set aside.
2. Place lemons in cavity. Fasten neck skin over back with toothpicks. Tie legs to tail. Spread half the pesto under the skin. Rub remaining pesto over chicken.
3. Heat oven to 375 degree F. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, 1 hour 25 minutes to 2 hours, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thigh registers 180 degree F.
4. Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)41,
- sat. fat(g)11,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!