Sausage and Vegetable Skewers
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, divided
- 1 package (14 oz.) fully cooked sausage or kielbasa, sliced into 1-inch thick slices
- 2 large zucchini, sliced into 1-inch thick slices
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cubed
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup orzo pasta, cooked
1. Heat grill.
2. Whisk together 3 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon mint in small bowl. Alternately thread sausage, zucchini, yellow pepper, and onion onto twelve 14-inch metal skewers. Brush with some of the lemon mixture. Set remaining mixture aside.
3. Whisk remaining 3 tablespoons juice, 2 tablespoons oil, 3 tablespoons mint, salt, and pepper in large bowl; add hot pasta to bowl. Toss.
4. Grill skewers 4 to 5 minutes per side, brushing with reserved lemon mixture until vegetables soften and are lightly charred.
5. Serve skewers over hot cooked pasta. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)23,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!