Sauteed Chicken with Garlicky Pasta
The trick to juicy, golden-brown chicken cutlets? Start with a hot pan and don't overcrowd it or the chicken will end up steaming. If your pan is small, cook the cutlets for these Sauteed Chicken with Garlicky Pasta in batches.
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb. total)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound angel-hair pasta
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14 1/2ounce can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Combine 1 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a cup. Sprinkle over both sides of each chicken breast. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden and cooked through, turning once, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a platter and cover.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil same skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in mushrooms and onion and cook, stirring occasionally until onion is translucent, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a large bowl. Whisk together broth, flour, and mustard, then add to skillet and bring to a simmer, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, and remaining thyme and cook 1 minute more.
3. Transfer drained pasta to a large serving bowl and toss with remaining oil, salt, and pepper, then stir in mushroom mixture and hot broth mixture. Serve with chicken.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)15,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet