Smoked Chicken and Tropical Fruit Salad
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1 pound small jicama
- 2 mangoes, peeled
- 1 papaya, peeled
- 1 pound smoked chicken breast, shredded into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped salted roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup small mint leaves
1. Whisk together vinegar, oil, juice, pepper flakes, and sugar in a large bowl with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Peel and cut jicama into 1/8-inch-thick slices, then cut into matchsticks to measure 2 cups. Add to bowl with dressing. Cut 1/8-inch-thick slices away from sides of mango, then cut crosswise into matchsticks to measure about 2-1/2 cups and add to bowl. Halve papaya and scoop out seeds. Cut papaya lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices, then cut into matchsticks to measure about 1 cup and add to bowl. Add remaining ingredients to bowl and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
TipMake it Kid Friendly:
- Eliminate the hot pepper flakes and use regular, unsmoked chicken breast.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet