Spicy Orange Chicken
- 3 teaspoons Asian chili oil, divided
- 2 10 ounce bag fresh spinach
- 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- Rice (optional)
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of the chili oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add spinach; cover and cook until just wilted, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, cut peel and the white membrane off one orange; slice orange crosswise, then halve slices. Squeeze enough juice from the other orange to equal 1/3 cup. Combine juice, soy sauce, honey, ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in cup.
3. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Wipe out skillet. Add remaining 2 teaspoons chili oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring 1 minute more. Add orange juice mixture and sliced orange. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute. Serve with spinach and rice, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)6,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!