Tarragon Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow squash
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 5 ounce package spring salad mix (mesclun)
- Bread toasts, optional
1. Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar, and pepper in small bowl until smooth.
2. Combine chicken, red onion, squash, carrot, celery, and tarragon in large bowl. Add mayonnaise mixture; stir until blended. Divide salad mix and chicken salad among 4 serving plates. Serve with toasts, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)27,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!