Teriyaki Chicken and Scallion Kabobs
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bunches scallions, white and green parts cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
1. In a small saucepan, bring soy sauce and sugar to a simmer. Cook 2 min. In a large bowl, stir together soy-sauce mixture, vinegar, ginger, garlic and oil.
2. Cut chicken into -inch-thick strips (about 1-1/2 inches wide). Reserve 1/3 cup soy-sauce mixture, then add chicken to the remaining mixture and marinate in the fridge for 1 to 2 hrs.
3. Heat grill to medium. Discard marinade, then thread 1 or 2 pieces chicken on each skewer accordion-style; thread scallions crosswise onto separate skewers. Oil grill grates and cook kabobs, turning once, until scallions are soft (4 min) and meat is cooked through (8 to 10 min). Brush kabobs with reserved sauce. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)2,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet