Thai Chicken Patties
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 green chile or jalapeno, seeded
- 4 (1-3/4 lbs total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium fish sauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- Sweet chili sauce
- Lime wedges
1. Combine onion, garlic, ginger and chile in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add chicken, cilantro and fish sauce and pulse until well blended but not quite pureed. Transfer to a bowl and stir in egg whites and bread crumbs.
2. Heat broiler to high with rack 4 inches from heat. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Coat hands with cooking spray and shape 24 patties, about 1/2 inch thick; place on baking sheets.
3. Broil each batch until patties are lightly browned, about 4 min, then turn patties over and broil 4 min more. Serve with chili sauce and lime wedges.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)4,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet