Tropical Spring Rolls
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)*
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 round (8-inch) rice papers
- 24 fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/4 pound peeled jicama, cut into thin strips, divided
- 4 green onions, sliced, divided
- Green onion, for garnish
1. Combine chicken and orange juice in medium skillet; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until cooked through, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain chicken; transfer to plate and discard orange juice. Cover chicken loosely with foil and let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut chicken into thin strips; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, combine lime juice, fish sauce, oil, ginger, sugar, and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat.
3. Fill a shallow dish with warm water. Working with one rice paper at a time, dip into water and soak until softened, 20 to 30 seconds. Transfer rice paper to a piece of damp paper towel. Arrange 5 cilantro leaves in a row across lower third of rice paper. Top with 4 strips chicken and 1 tablespoon each jicama, mango, and green onion. Fold the bottom of the rice paper over the filling, fold in the sides and tightly roll up. Transfer to a large plate. Cover with damp towel. Repeat process with the remaining rice paper and filling. Cover with plastic wrap, cover and chill up to 4 hours.
4. To serve, cut each roll into thirds. Arrange on serving plate and garnish with green onion, if desired. Makes 36 servings.
- Available in speciaty food section of the supermarket or an Asian market.
- Servings Per Recipe 36
- Fat, total(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet