Warm Polenta Zucchini Salad with Chicken
Save time by cooking the chicken and mixing the vinaigrette a day ahead for this refreshing summer salad.
- 2 zucchini
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 16 ounce package prepared polenta, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 cups baby mixed greens or baby arugula (2-1/2 oz.)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (1 3/4 cups total)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (3 oz.)
1. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then on the bias into 1/4-inch slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat and add zucchini. Cook, stirring, until just golden, about 2 min. Remove zucchini, then reduce heat to medium and add polenta to skillet. Cook, stirring, until just heated through, about 4 min.
2. Whisk together vinegar, oregano, sugar, salt and 3 tbsp olive oil. In a large bowl, toss half the vinaigrette with the greens, chicken, zucchini and polenta. Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with blue cheese. Serve with remaining vinaigrette. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)21,
- sat. fat(g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet