Zesty Chicken-Noodle Soup
Yield: 9 cups Prep 20 mins Start to Finish 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 4 14 1/2ounce cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 pound angel-hair pasta, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1. Heat oil in a large stockpot. Add mushrooms and onions and cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or just until mushrooms give up their liquid and onions are translucent.
2. Add broth, chicken, and garlic, bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook, 10 minutes.
3. Stir in pasta, tomatoes, parsley, and thyme and cook 5 minutes more.
- Servings Per Recipe 9
- Fat, total(g)3,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!