Zesty Chicken-Noodle Soup
Cool this Zesty Chicken-Noodle Soup before freezing leftovers. The safest method for cooling hot liquids fast is to place them in a bowl, stirring occasionally, set over another bowl filled with ice water. Once cool, transfer to a resealable plastic container and place in the freezer.
Yield: 9 cups Prep 20 mins Start to Finish 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 4 14 1/2ounce cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 pound angel-hair pasta, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1. Heat oil in a large stockpot. Add mushrooms and onions and cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or just until mushrooms give up their liquid and onions are translucent.
2. Add broth, chicken, and garlic, bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook, 10 minutes.
3. Stir in pasta, tomatoes, parsley, and thyme and cook 5 minutes more.
- Servings Per Recipe 9
- Fat, total(g)3,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet