Brownie-Peanut Butter Gems
Brownies made in mini muffin cups are filled with a peanut butter and cream cheese mixture, then topped with peanuts for a dessert that's perfect for picnics, dessert tables and birthday parties.
Yield: 24 Prep 10 mins Start to Finish 45 mins
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 24 mini paper baking cups
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut up
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
1. Beat together cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and egg in a large bowl on high speed until combined well; set aside.Make brownie batter::
2. Preheat oven to 350 degree F and arrange rack in center. Line 1 (24-cup) mini muffin pan with baking cups. heat together butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan over moderately low heat, stirring until melted. Remove from heat; stir in sugars and extract until combined well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, stirring vigorously after each addition, until combined well. Add flour and salt; stir until just combined.
3. Divide batter among baking cups. Spoon filling into a small pastry bag fitted with a 1/4-inch plain tip. With tip slightly inserted into center of batter, pipe about 1 teaspoon filling into batter in each cup, allowing a small amount to show on tops. Sprinkle with nuts.
4. Bake until brownies are puffed and set, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer pan to rack and let cool 5 minutes. Remove brownies from pan and place on rack to cool completely. (can be made ahead. Store in an airtight container, chilled, up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.) Makes 24.
- Fat, total(g)11,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet