Individual Heart-Shaped Brownie Cakes
Kitchen Cue: To make chopping the chocolate easier for these Individual Heart-Shaped Brownie Cakes, use a serrated knife.
Yield: 6 cakes Prep 25 mins Start to Finish 50 mins
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus additional for pan
- 6 ounces good-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 14 caramel candies (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F and arrange in middle of oven. Generously butter or spray a mini 6-heart (1/2 cup) baking pan.
2. Melt chocolate with butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring, just until smooth. Remove pan from heat and stir in sugars and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt until just combined. Stir in eggs, 1 at a time, until combined well.
3. Spoon batter into pan and bake until cakes are just set, about 25 minutes. Transfer cakes in pan to rack and cool 5 minutes. Place a rack over cakes in pan and invert. Turn cakes right side up on rack.
4. Melt caramels with heavy cream in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth, about 6 minutes. Fill a small heavy-duty plastic bag with caramel sauce. Snip off tip and pipe onto serving plate, spelling out L-O-V-E. Serve cakes warm or at room temperature with remaining sauce on the side. Makes 6 cakes.
- Fat, total(g)27,
- sat. fat(g)16,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet