White-Chocolate and Berry Terrine with Raspberry Sauce
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 7 ounces white-chocolate squares
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Chambord or raspberry liqueur
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
DirectionsMake White-Chocolate Mousse::
1. Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in 1 cup glass measure; let stand 2 minutes to soften. Microwave on High 40 seconds; stir 2 minutes, until gelatin completely dissolves. Cool slightly.
2. Bring medium saucepan halfway full with water to a simmer. Meanwhile, place chocolate in medium microwaveproof bowl. Microwave on High 1 to 2 minutes; stir until smooth. Set aside.
3. Combine sugar, eggs, egg yolk, and liqueur in medium stainless-steel bowl. Place bowl over simmering water, and beat with handheld mixer until mixture doubles in volume, 5 minutes. Beat in dissolved gelatin. Remove from heat; fold in melted chocolate. Cool to room temperature. Beat cream in mixer bowl to soft peaks; gently fold into white-chocolate mixture.
4. Arrange half of strawberries in one layer in bottom of prepared pan; spread top with one third of mousse. Arrange a layer of blackberries on top, then spread with another third of mousse. Top with raspberries, then remaining mousse and strawberries. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. Meanwhile, for the raspberry sauce, bring raspberries to boil in small saucepan; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Transfer to food processor and puree. Strain through fine sieve into bowl. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
6. Uncover mousse. Place a serving plate over top of pan. Holding bottom of pan and plate, invert and remove pan. Peel off wrap. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired, and serve with Raspberry Sauce. Makes 12 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)22,
- sat. fat(g)13,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!