Peach and Sweet Cherry Cobler
- 6 cups peeled, sliced fresh peaches (3-1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups pitted sweet cherries (2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutions), cut up
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy or whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a 13x9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish; set aside.
2. Combine peaches, cherries, the 3/4 cup sugar, and cornstarch in large saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring gently, over high heat; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice. Spoon into prepared pan.
3. Combine flour, 1/3 cup of the sugar, the baking powder, and salt in large bowl. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cream. Knead 2 or 3 times, just until dough holds together. On floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll dough 1/2 inch thick. Cut with 2-1/2- or 3-inch decorative cookie cutters, re-rolling scraps. Place biscuits over fruit.
4. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons each sugar and cream and the cinnamon in cup; brush over biscuits. Bake 20 minutes, until fruit is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare cobbler. Let stand up to 2 hours.
- Servings Per Recipe 10
- Fat, total(g)18,
- sat. fat(g)11,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!