Almond Lace Cookies
Yield: about 4 dozen cookies Prep 20 mins Bake 325°F 9 mins
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds
1. Heat oven to 325 degree F. In a large bowl combine oats, sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder. In a separate bowl whisk egg, butter, and vanilla, then add to the dry ingredients. Add the almonds and stir until evenly distributed.
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil; spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Drop level teaspoons of dough, 3 inches apart, on prepared sheet; flatten slightly. Bake until golden brown, 9 to 11 minutes. Let cookies cool completely then peel from foil. Repeat with remaining dough. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
- Fat, total(g)3,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!