We like the flavor combo of raspberry jam and almonds in these Almond-Raspberry Thumbprints, but feel free to substitute another flavor of jam, such as strawberry or apricot.
Yield: about 4 dozen Prep 32 mins Bake 350°F 13 mins per batch
- 1 1/2 cups blanched slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Place almonds on a jelly-roll pan and bake until golden but not brown, about 5 minutes. Cool. Pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely chopped. Beat the butter, sugar, and almond extract in a large mixing bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in chopped almonds. Reduce speed to low, and beat in the flour and salt just until combined.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place the balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With your index finger (or a child's thumb), press down the center of each ball to make a deep well. Bake 6 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully re-press fingerprint. Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon jam into each indentation. Return to oven and bake until edges are golden, about 6 to 8 minutes more. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough and jam. Makes about 4 dozen.
- Fat, total(g)6,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet