Yield: about 45 cookies Prep 20 mins Bake 375°F 13 mins per batch Stand 2 mins
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 12 ounce package semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl with a whisk.
2. Soften butter with a rolling pin. Beat butter and sugars in large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy, 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. At low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture until blended. Stir in chips and nuts.
3. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on 2 large ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 13 to 14 minutes, until golden brown. Let cookies stand on sheets 2 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to let cool completely. Repeat. Makes about 45 cookies.
- Fat, total(g)10,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet