Yield: 68 macaroons Prep 15 mins Bake 300°F 20 mins
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 2/3 cup (7 oz. bag) shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 300 degree F. Spray 2 large cookie sheets with nonstick spray. In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites, and cream of tarter on high speed until foamy. Beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and continue beating until egg whites are stiff and glossy. Fold in coconut and vanilla extract.
2. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart onto prepared sheets. Bake until golden brown, about 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer macaroons to wire rack to cool. Makes 68 macaroons.
- Fat, total(g)3,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet